Environment & Safety
We are affiliated to the Interseroh recycling system, thus systematically avoiding waste, reducing raw material consumption and conserving resources.
Der Grüne Punkt is one of the leading providers of take-back systems. The system recycles used sales packaging and generates raw materials for the economic cycle. The aim is to keep as many recyclable materials as possible in the closed cycle and to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gases and the conservation of environmental resources.
Registration number ZSVR (Central Packaging Register) – DE2719507416059-V
Regulation (EG) No 1907/2006 (REACh)
We supply “preparations” and “articles” and are therefore a “downstream user” in the sense of REACh. Compliance with laws and regulations is a matter of course for us.
Specifically, this means:
- According to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACh), distributors of articles (machines, accessories, as well as construction and spare parts) containing one or more so-called substances of very high concern (SVHC) in a concentration above 0.1% by weight are subject to certain information obligations (Art. 33). Of course, we comply with these.
- According to available information from our suppliers, we assume that the registration of substances listed in Annex 14 has taken place in due time via the manufacturer.
- To the best of our knowledge, none of our articles contain any of the substances listed in Annex 17 that would prohibit their placing on the market.
- According to the available information, almost all CAS products contain components in which lead (CAS No. 7439-92-1) is present as an alloying element, e.g. in steel or copper, in concentrations greater than 0.1% by weight. The use of this substance complies with the applicable exemption regulations. If the products are used as intended, there is no danger to health or the environment. Safety instructions are not required.
- The test summary and safety instructions are available on this information page.
Information on the disposal of battery packs and waste electrical equipment
- Consumers are requested to return these free of charge to a suitable public collection point, a PREBENA specialist dealer or to PREBENA Service.
- In the case of disposal via a municipal collection point, please remove the battery in the case of rechargeable devices and dispose of it separately and in an environmentally friendly manner via a suitable collection system.
- Old appliances contain important raw materials that can be recycled in the sense of the circular economy.
- Registration No. EAR (Waste Electrical Equipment Register) – WEEE Reg. No.: DE39195400
Important information about the use of Li-Ion battery packs for our battery-powered devices
- Only use the original battery packs/chargers or battery packs/chargers of the CAS system provided by us.
- We cannot guarantee safety or performance if battery packs/chargers other than the original ones manufactured by us or those of our CAS partners are used. This also applies if the battery packs/chargers have been opened or modified in any way from their original condition.
- The use of battery packs or chargers that are not manufactured by us or one of our CAS partners (third-party battery packs and chargers) can lead to significant safety risks, such as fire or explosion hazards.
- Furthermore, we point out that the use of third-party systems invalidates any warranty and possible guarantee claims concerning our products.